Competitive salary plus benefits
Deadline for applications: 14th May 2021
We are APEM, a leading global environmental consultancy, specialising in terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecology, and aerial surveys.
APEM’s clients benefit from an integrated approach to the investigation and management of freshwater catchments and terrestrial and marine habitats, based on sound science and our collective experience. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields, and as a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in finding and providing solutions to our clients. Quality, innovation, and expert technical ability are often cited as the key reasons why clients return time after time for all their environmental consultancy needs.
People are the heart of APEM and form one of the building blocks of our strategic plan, for us, employing and retaining the best technical staff and consultants is paramount to our success.
We are proud to be an inclusive company and stand for equality for all. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our continued growth, from a small aquatic consultancy 35 years ago, to a leading global environmental consultancy hasn’t been dampened by the pandemic in 2020, and we have continued to grow and expand with further ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on, analytical thinker looking to work for a dynamic innovative business consultancy, who are leaders in their field of expertise.
Our Marine Wildlife and Ornithology team is currently expanding, and we are looking to employ a data coordinator to handle the administration tasks associated with the wildlife surveys. This role will form a key part of ensuring the image analysis team continues to function efficiently, while also enhancing the processes and documentation already in place.
You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work to tight deadlines and be an active team player. We are looking for an organised individual with excellent attention to detail to join our young and ambitious team.
- Management of all data through the image analysis process.
- Distributing data to analysts in line with current project priorities.
- Prepare and geo-reference data ahead of image analysis.
- Provide estimated completion dates survey to PM’s.
- General Data Management & housekeeping
- Maintain Image Analysis Tracker Sheet/Contribute to SQL Database
- Co-ordinating with Data Operations on pipeline work.
The following are the key requirements:
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office platform.
- Strong administration skills
- Good experience of using GIS packages
- Must have the ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Experience of the Environmental Sector is desirable.