Competitive salary plus benefits
Deadline for applications: 15th June 2021
About the role
The Head of Tenders and Contracts will lead the Tenders and Contracts team to ensure APEM submits winning tender documentation, with a key performance indicator being tender success rate and value of work won. In addition, the role includes managing the Contracts Team to ensure the business understands the contractual position and mitigates adverse contractual clauses through negotiation with the client where possible.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for the successful management and continual improvement of the tendering and contract procurement process.
- Line management of the Tenders Manager and the Contracts Manager
- Project manage and deliver high value or strategically important tenders within the business.
- Provide challenge / mentorship and best practice advice across bids across the business where appropriate.
- Act as a mentor/challenge to tender writers to help them deliver and support the business in developing winning tender documentation.
- Provide challenge to the business during tender process to ensure effective proposal development.
- To effectively co-ordinate and manage the complete bidding process, including selecting the appropriate technical teams to be consulted to co-ordinate the technical sections in relation to each tender.
- Ensure consistent quality of approach is implemented and that bid strategy is applied.
- Develop and share innovations that raise the standard in APEM’s approach to bids.
- To undertake win/ loss reviews with decision makers.
- Review significant, high value or unusual contracts with Contracts Manager and ensure business risk is appropriately managed.
We are APEM, a leading global environmental consultancy, specialising in terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecology, and aerial surveys.
APEM’s clients benefit from an integrated approach to the investigation and management of freshwater catchments and terrestrial and marine habitats, based on sound science and our collective experience. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields, and as a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in finding and providing solutions to our clients. Quality, innovation, and expert technical ability are often cited as the key reasons why clients return time after time for all their environmental consultancy needs.
People are the heart of APEM and form one of the building blocks of our strategic plan, for us, employing and retaining the best technical staff and consultants is paramount to our success.
We are proud to be an inclusive company and stand for equality for all. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our continued growth, from a small aquatic consultancy 35 years ago, to a leading global environmental consultancy hasn’t been dampened by the pandemic in 2020, and we have continued to grow and expand with further ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond.
- Tendering & Contracts experience
- Team Leadership
- Experience of Creation, Development & Delivery of Strategic Goals
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Line management experience