Competitive salary plus benefits
Deadline for applications: 18th June 2021
About the role
This role is truly a hybrid role encompassing both financial and commercial accounting. Part of this role is to prepare the management accounts for the Irish division in line with group reporting deadlines. Duties will include preparation and posting of various journals/accruals/prepayments, as well as completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations. In addition, part of the role will be business partnering, production of Irish Divisional performance pack and assistance with budgeting/forecasting. There is also ad hoc financial analysis throughout the month to support Operational teams and the Head of Finance.
- Prepare the management accounts for the Irish division, ensuring accurate reporting within financial timescales. Lead on key areas on month end close including ensuring AP/AR close and revenue close. This also includes variance analysis on the profit and loss.
- Preparation and posting of journals including accruals and prepayments
- Completion of Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure strong controls are in place with the finance team
- Posting and reconciliation of payroll at month end
- Preparation of monthly divisional performance packs
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting
- Ad hoc commercial analysis
- Commitment to continual improvement of processes
We are APEM, a leading global environmental consultancy, specialising in terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecology, and aerial surveys.
APEM’s clients benefit from an integrated approach to the investigation and management of freshwater catchments and terrestrial and marine habitats, based on sound science and our collective experience. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields, and as a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in finding and providing solutions to our clients. Quality, innovation, and expert technical ability are often cited as the key reasons why clients return time after time for all their environmental consultancy needs.
People are the heart of APEM and form one of the building blocks of our strategic plan, for us, employing and retaining the best technical staff and consultants is paramount to our success.
We are proud to be an inclusive company and stand for equality for all. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our continued growth, from a small aquatic consultancy 35 years ago, to a leading global environmental consultancy hasn’t been dampened by the pandemic in 2020, and we have continued to grow and expand with further ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond.