Job Title: Environment Manager
Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits
Hours: Standard Business
Location: South Wales
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2021
Our people are the difference!
Who they are, what they do and how they do it is why we’re the award-winning, industry-leading, thriving boldly global environmental consultancy we are today. We’re APEM Ltd and we’re expanding.
As a people-first business we’re accountable for our aspirations, actions, and what we get because of them. We believe inspiration and insight come from everywhere, so no matter history or choices in life, we will empower you to be your best, so we can be our best, together.
If you’re driven, ready to guide governments, shape private client projects across the planet and improve the natural world, then we want the whole you.
The WOW factor
When home became work, we learned that flexibility, understanding and balance allowed us all to move forward and grow together.
So no matter where you’re based, the hours you keep, or the toddlers you have to entertain, we’re committed to our ways of working (WOW) with each other so we can continue to be our best.
About the role
You'll be playing a key role in providing essential support functions to one of our key clients to ensure environmental matters are considered and actively managed during all stages their projects’ lifecycle.
You'll also be providing support to implement central strategies & targets and sharing best practice.
The work is varied, interesting and challenging as you will drive and implement environmental improvements and be will able to work in a faced paced environment, communicating effectively across multidisciplined teams working in the water and construction industries.
Please note that this permanent role is a full-time secondment to a key APEM client.
- Provide environmental advice and technical expertise across construction projects of varying scale, supporting the project teams in meeting all relevant environmental legislative requirements.
- Ensure that environmental surveys and monitoring are undertaken as required.
- Carry out site inspections and ensure legal compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained.
- Provide technical advice and support to key personnel to enable them to manage their environmental duties and responsibilities.
- Provide support for pollution prevention and incident investigation.
- Provide advice and guidance to assist with the obtaining of legal consents, licenses and exemptions.
- Undertake technical checks and provide support on key environmental documents.
- Organise and support the delivery of environmental training.
- Proactively liaise with stakeholders e.g. Natural Resources Wales (NRW) & Local Authorities (LAs).
- Chartered Member (or working towards chartership) of a recognised environmental institution e.g. IEMA, CIWEM.
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental discipline.
- Good track record of working with designers and construction leads on infrastructure projects, particularly within the Water industry.
- Preferable 4 or more years industry experience.
- Multi-disciplinary working with other groups (e.g. Planning and Project Management).
- Full driving licence.
- Relevant CSCS card.
- Willingness to travel as part of the role (mostly within Wales).
- Effective in their ability to communicate and engage with others.
We recognise that everyone’s story is different.
The opportunities, experiences and challenges faced in life shape who we are today and we understand that these are the things that make us individual and unique. Embracing our differences means we’re able to approach what we do from every dimension. Inspiration and insight can come from anywhere, and no matter your history or choices in life, we empower our people to be their best, so we can be our best, together.
We welcome the whole you.