Job Title: River Restoration Engineer
Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits
Hours: Standard Business
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2021
Our people are the difference!
Who they are, what they do and how they do it is why we’re the award-winning, industry-leading, thriving boldly global environmental consultancy we are today. We’re APEM Ltd and we’re expanding.
As a people-first business we’re accountable for our aspirations, actions, and what we get because of them. We believe inspiration and insight come from everywhere, so no matter history or choices in life, we will empower you to be your best, so we can be our best, together.
If you’re driven, ready to guide governments, shape private client projects across the planet and improve the natural world, then we want the whole you.
The WOW factor
When home became work, we learned that flexibility, understanding and balance allowed us all to move forward and grow together.
So no matter where you’re based, the hours you keep, or the toddlers you have to entertain, we’re committed to our ways of working (WOW) with each other so we can continue to be our best.
About the role
APEM are looking to recruit a river restoration engineer to join our growing environmentally-focussed engineering design team. The successful candidate will work on a range of interesting and exciting projects, with a focus on river restoration projects and natural flood management schemes for a wide client base that includes government agencies, water utility companies, wildlife and river trusts and private clients. APEM’s engineering projects extend from initial site assessments and feasibility studies, through to full detailed design.
This role will provide the opportunity to work alongside APEM’s industry-renowned aquatic and environmental scientists on challenging and rewarding projects and will enable the successful candidate to bring significant benefits to the aquatic environment and river habitats across the British Isles. We are looking to recruit a Principal River Restoration Engineer or Senior River Restoration Engineer.
As a Principal/Senior River Restoration Engineer you will have a proven track record of working on engineering projects in the aquatic environment, with a sound understanding of the design and construction of in-river schemes. This will enable you to lead or undertake projects at all stages, from initial option identification and appraisal, through to detailed design. At the Principal Engineer grade you will ideally have chartered engineer status with ICE or CIWEM, or be working towards achieving this. At the Senior Engineer grade, you will preferably be working towards obtaining chartered engineer status.
- Design of in-river engineering projects, experience of river restoration schemes would be an advantage.
- Ability to identify and critically appraise options to assist clients in identifying the right solution for their needs, including persuasive report writing.
- Application of the CDM regulations to all stages of the project life cycle, including actively identifying and mitigating risks during design and documenting residual risks.
- Principal grade; a proven ability to lead and deliver projects and manage/work with internal and external specialist staff or subconsultants where additional inputs are necessary to ensure project success.
- Senior grade; experience in working as part of a project team, working alongside colleagues and specialist subconsultants where required to successfully deliver design projects.
- Principal grade; ability to lead projects and manage clients across a range of schemes, plus a proven ability to produce and review tenders/proposals that demonstrate cost-effective quality and expertise.
- Senior grade; experience in contributing to and delivering projects, plus experience of the project management of smaller projects and inputting to successful tenders/proposals.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
We recognise that everyone’s story is different.
The opportunities, experiences and challenges faced in life shape who we are today and we understand that these are the things that make us individual and unique. Embracing our differences means we’re able to approach what we do from every dimension. Inspiration and insight can come from anywhere, and no matter your history or choices in life, we empower our people to be their best, so we can be our best, together.
We welcome the whole you.