Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits
Hours: Standard Business
Reports to: Finance Director
Deadline for applications: 27 September 2021
Our people are the difference!
Who they are, what they do and how they do it is why we’re the award-winning, industry-leading, thriving boldly global environmental consultancy we are today. We’re APEM Ltd and we’re expanding.
As a people-first business we’re accountable for our aspirations, actions, and what we get because of them. We believe inspiration and insight come from everywhere, so no matter history or choices in life, we will empower you to be your best, so we can be our best, together.
If you’re driven, ready to guide governments, shape private client projects across the planet and improve the natural world, then we want the whole you.
The WOW factor
When home became work, we learned that flexibility, understanding and balance allowed us all to move forward and grow together.
So no matter where you’re based, the hours you keep, or the toddlers you have to entertain, we’re committed to our ways of working (WOW) with each other so we can continue to be our best.
About the role
APEM Ltd are looking to appoint a Facilities Coordinator to be responsible for managing a secure and well-functioning work environment.
Coordinating with external vendors such as cleaning staff and trades, you will be able to react swiftly to manage any unforeseen issues, also conducting regular checks on all structures, systems and devices (such as fire alarms) to ensure the continued smooth operation of the unit.
With previous experience in a facilities role, and office administration skills, you will be well-organised and able to prioritise multiple issues. Ultimately, you will be helping our employees to work effectively in their environment, whilst customers and visitors experience functional and well-maintained facilities.
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems (such as heating system, alarms, security cameras).
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations.
- Restock office and kitchen supplies.
- Design and oversee the schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the building.
- Monitor activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling.
- Arrange for minor malfunctions in office equipment to be fixed.
- Coordinate office and parking space allocation.
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses.
- Conduct market research and compare costs and benefits when evaluating new vendors.
- Maintain an updated record of invoices from external partners (such as suppliers, insurance agents, security guards).
- Research new services and appliances to facilitate operations.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Provide office admin support as required.
- Work experience as a Facilities Coordinator or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of facilities management operations.
- Familiarity with office equipment and security systems.
- Understanding of safety regulations in offices.
- Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly during emergencies.
- BSc in Facility Management or Business Administration is preferred. (Or equivalent)
- Additional certification as a facility manager (CFM) would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel across office network as required.
We recognise that everyone’s story is different.
The opportunities, experiences and challenges faced in life shape who we are today and we understand that these are the things that make us individual and unique. Embracing our differences means we’re able to approach what we do from every dimension. Inspiration and insight can come from anywhere, and no matter your history or choices in life, we empower our people to be their best, so we can be our best, together.
We welcome the whole you.