Job Title: Head of Systems & Reporting
Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits
Hours: Standard Business
Reports to: Head of Finance
Deadline for applications: 1st October 2021
Our people are the difference!
Who they are, what they do and how they do it is why we’re the award-winning, industry-leading, thriving boldly global environmental consultancy we are today. We’re APEM Ltd and we’re expanding.
As a people-first business we’re accountable for our aspirations, actions, and what we get because of them. We believe inspiration and insight come from everywhere, so no matter history or choices in life, we will empower you to be your best, so we can be our best, together.
If you’re driven, ready to guide governments, shape private client projects across the planet and improve the natural world, then we want the whole you.
The WOW factor
When home became work, we learned that flexibility, understanding and balance allowed us all to move forward and grow together.
So no matter where you’re based, the hours you keep, or the toddlers you have to entertain, we’re committed to our ways of working (WOW) with each other so we can continue to be our best.
About the role
The Head of Systems & Reporting will be responsible for ensuring master data and controls within the Deltek ERP system are maintained and controlled, all projects are built correctly and in a timely manner and managing reporting and information within the business.
- To lead on the management, distribution, and development of reporting within the APEM using Deltek VantagePoint and Microsoft Excel. This includes the creation of reports in line with best practice, the development of a robust reporting suite and reporting timetable to ensure reports are sent to the business in a timely manner. Identifying any reports alongside the Head of Finance to ensure value add information is provided to key stakeholders.
- Lead on ODBC reporting to ensure best practice if followed.
- Continuous improvement of reporting and data management within Deltek. Identify and improve processes efficiencies by automating or identifying where system addons may be required.
- To coach, mentor and develop the Deltek team to maintain best in class business support. This includes ensuring continuity of project builds across the business.
- Organise and lead a data and analytics centre of excellence, and constantly improve the organisation's capacity to develop insights with advanced analytics and reporting.
- Maintain data integrity within Deltek VantagePoint to ensure projects and master data reconciles. Developing and improving strong exception reports which can be automated to identify any discrepancies within the system. Working with the Deltek Manager to ensure discrepancies are fixed in a timely manner.
- To identify and lead on Deltek system issues to ensure the system is running in line with expectations.
- Build a strong relationship with the Divisional Directors and Operational team to influence and partner to ensure reports sent can support business growth.
- To assist and answer queries from all colleagues as required.
- To create, develop and manage additional reports for the use of business support (and the wider company) using ODBC and SQL.
- Ensure timely month end close with timesheet posting and checking revenue against projects in the system. Identify and improve processes within the weekly/ monthly cycle such as timesheet posting to achieve month end close targets.
- Establish business SLA’s to ensure efficient running of a Deltek mailbox.
- To carry out any additional activities that may be reasonably required or requested.
- To liaise with external bodies about any Deltek issues or concerns.
- Leading and developing a culture of strong controls within Deltek, ensuring system access reflects the requirements of the business.
You will be IT literate, and experienced in MS Office and Sage Payroll. As this role involves a lot of communication with potentially all members of staff it is essential that you are comfortable with and enjoy speaking to people.
- IT literate.
- Experienced in MS Office.
- Experienced in Excel and SQL.
- Experience of systems management
- Experience of managing large teams
- Experience of continuous improvement and system development
We recognise that everyone’s story is different.
The opportunities, experiences and challenges faced in life shape who we are today and we understand that these are the things that make us individual and unique. Embracing our differences means we’re able to approach what we do from every dimension. Inspiration and insight can come from anywhere, and no matter your history or choices in life, we empower our people to be their best, so we can be our best, together.
We welcome the whole you.