Select which cookies you accept
When you visit this website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Below is a list of different categories of cookies that may be set and that you can freely change. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are required and must be accepted to use this site.
These cookies collect data about how visitors use this website.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
Job Title: Marine Field Coordinator Sector / Team: Marine/Marine Biolabs Grade: Technical Specialist Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits Hours: Standard Business Reports to: Divisional Director Location: Letchworth
Deadline for applications: 1st June 2022
Our people are the difference!
Who they are, what they do and how they do it is why we’re the award-winning, industry-leading, thriving boldly global environmental consultancy we are today. We’re APEM Ltd and we’re expanding.
As a people-first business we’re accountable for our aspirations, actions, and what we get because of them. We believe inspiration and insight come from everywhere, so no matter history or choices in life, we will empower you to be your best, so we can be our best, together.
If you’re driven, ready to guide governments, shape private client projects across the planet and improve the natural world, then we want the whole you.
About the role
APEM Biolabs provides laboratory biological services for both the freshwater and marine environments.
APEM Biolabs is synonymous with high-quality analysis, large capacity and fast turnaround. Clients either send us their samples directly or they are collected by APEM staff as part of a wider project. The specification of analyses provided is tailored to the needs of the project, with flexibility being one of our strongest priorities. APEM Limited is a champion in fostering the specialist species identification skills that are in increasingly short supply and is committed to providing rewarding careers and long-term professional development for aquatic biologists.
As a Marine Field Coordinator you will operate as part of the Marine Biolabs team. In this role, you will have a remit to lead, expand and diversify the business plan and capabilities of our established marine team. This role will also work closely with the Biolabs Divisional Director and Head of Marine Consultancy, to create a profitable and thriving team providing marine consultancy, fieldwork and laboratory solutions to the offshore sector.
You will work closely with the Divisional Directors, Associate Directors and Principal Consultants to influence and shape current APEM work streams. As part of the role you will be expected to expand the current customer base across the UK as well as the current skillsets offered by the wider marine consultancy team and secure and manage a wide range of large-scale marine consultancy projects.
Duties will include:
• Coordinating complex marine projects, including the delivery of marine fieldwork and consultancy services.
• Maintain and develop APEM’s in-house marine survey equipment and specialist external suppliers.
• Project management and working collaboratively to deliver high quality consultancy, field and laboratory services across all APEM’s aquatic divisions, where required.
• Working closely with the marine and fisheries teams (including Biolabs) to ensure the sharing of efficiencies, and a cost and time effective delivery of all aspects of marine projects, across field, laboratory and consultancy work.
• Being involved in aspects of tender preparation including writing proposals, setting budgets, programmes and scope both alone, with other internal teams and in partnership with external organisations.
• Client management, successfully developing, maintaining and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
• Over 5 years of experience in the commercial offshore sector.
• Excellent client facing, business development and project management skills.
• Track record of delivering complex offshore projects, from survey design to
• Hold all relevant offshore survey training and medical certifications and be able to lead offshore survey operations.
• Advanced data analysis skills, including DDV/sonar data interpretation, statistical analyses and GIS.
• A detailed knowledge of the marine consenting process and relevant legislation.
We recognise that everyone’s story is different.
The opportunities, experiences and challenges faced in life shape who we are today and we understand that these are the things that make us individual and unique. Embracing our differences means we’re able to approach what we do from every dimension. Inspiration and insight can come from anywhere, and no matter your history or choices in life, we empower our people to be their best, so we can be our best, together.