Competitive salary plus benefits
Deadline for applications: 8th November 2020
APEM is Europe’s largest specialist aquatic environmental consultancy. We offer our clients an integrated approach to the investigation and management of freshwater catchments and terrestrial and marine habitats and operate UK wide and internationally. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields, and as a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in providing solutions to our clients.
2019 was a big year for APEM. We were awarded water industry consultant of the year and we completed a management buyout. In 2020 and beyond we will continue our ambitions for growth and innovation.
APEM is a highly reputable company, renowned for our quality and long list of trusted clients, who once secured, provide repeat business year after year, trusting us to deliver a high-quality service at a fair price.
We are proud to be an inclusive company, with People as one of the key pillars that our strategy is built upon. We stand for equality for all. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide professional and timely assistance to our Project Managers in project data entry into SAP thus ensuring standardisation across the company and reporting back to Project Managers on the health of their projects regularly.
- To build up tenders/projects in SAP according to the Tender document, using templates to standardise the information.
- To have good knowledge of SAP Business ONE and Crystal Reports and be able to assist and answer queries from colleagues as required.
- To create and update user-friendly reports in Crystal and import into SAP for use by Project Managers and Senior Management.
- Assist the Tender Team and Finance and Admin Team as required.
There will also be a general administration aspect to the role which will include: being the 1st point of contact for the company by answering, managing and responding to incoming company calls, managing staff travel requests and general office administration duties.
You will preferably have a degree or postgraduate degree in a relevant subject, or some relevant work experience. You will also be IT literate, and experienced in MS Office. Experience in SAP and/or Crystal Reports is desirable. As this role involves a lot of communication with potentially all members of staff it is essential that you are comfortable with and enjoy speaking to people.
- Essential – IT literate
- Essential – Experienced in MS Office
- Essential – Excellent communication and people skills
- Desirable – experience in SAP or similar program
- Desirable – experience in Crystal reports or similar SQL based reporting program
- Desirable – experience of working with and manipulating databases